A PARTNER FOR EVERY DAY
A 100% subsidiary of the BNP Paribas Group, BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in personal financing in France and Europe through its consumer credit and home loan activities.
A DUAL MODEL
In all countries where it operates, BNP Paribas Personal Finance offers a complete range of loans for private individuals to support them in their projects. They are available in stores and car dealerships or directly through customer relationship centers and via the company’s local websites.
Helping control personal budgets
Under various brands, BNP Paribas Personal Finance provides its clients with a complete range of consumer credit – from personal loans to revolving credit, with or without a credit card, to car loans or home improvement loans – as well as home loans. A set of solutions that include insurance, protection and savings products round out the offer, with the aim of supporting personal budgets and making them secure.
A partner of the major players in retail distribution
In parallel, BNP Paribas Personal finance provides support for retailers, carmakers and dealers, Web merchants, and various financial institutions (banking and insurance) in the development of financing solutions, either under the brand name or as a white label. This support also concerns the design and implementation of customer relationship programs tied to credit.
A PROJECT AND BUDGET PARTNER FOR EVERYONE
- Enable the greatest number to carry out their projects while taking into consideration unforeseen events that may throw a budget off balance.
- Anticipate needs and propose tools and means that serve client interest.
- Carry out the activity co-responsibly with clients, throughout the relationship.
- Propose financing solutions for local players in retail distribution, e-business, car dealerships and banking-insurance.
- Propose financing offers that are appropriate for the lifestyles in each country.
- Contribute to the national economy, be a responsible contributor to growth and support household consumption.
- OVER 60 YEARS OF HISTORY
- From 1953 to 1970
- as a pioneer in consumer credit, Cetelem equips households
- Creation of Cetelem in France.
- The company invests in an internal collection service for clients in difficulty.
- From 1971 to 1990
- Cetelem broadens its scope of action
- Launch of automobile credit.
- Implementation of scoring, a statistical tool to help with loan granting. Launch of direct loans to private individuals.
- First savings plan with the Cardif insurance company.
- Creation of Findomestic in Italy.
- Launch of the Cetelem Automobile Observatory.
- Operational launch of the Aurore credit card in France.
- First mass market communication campaign in France.
- Creation of Cetelem in Spain. Cetelem becomes installed in Belgium. Launch of the Cetelem Consumer Observatory.
- Cetelem sets up in Poland.
- From 1991 to 2008
- Creation of AlphaCrédit in Belgium. Opening of Cetelem in Tunisia.
- Creation of the Cetelem Foundation.
- Portugal welcomes Cetelem.
- First call centers.
- Cetelem expands its presence to the Czech Republic, Hungary and Morocco.
- Cetelem sets up in Argentina. New brand signature: "Your credit means commitment from us"
- Entry into the BNP Paribas Group. A new country for expansion: Brazil.
- Cetelem opens in Slovakia. Cetelem invests in Germany.
- Cetelem sets up in Mexico. In France, birth of the green mascot and launch of Responsible Lending®.
- Opening of Cetelem in Algeria, Romania, Serbia and TebCetelem in Turkey. Alliance with LaSer Cofinoga.
- Cetelem expands to Bulgaria, China, Russia and Ukraine.
- From 2008 to 2015
- continued external growth, signature of new partnerships and reinforcement of the automobile activity.
- Creation of BNP Paribas Personal Finance, by the merger with UCB (the BNP Paribas group mortgage lender)
- Germany: creation of Commerz Finanz.
- France: launch of a new savings offering personal loans for individuals with a short-term working contract.
- Russia: partnership with Sberbank.
- France: Vigeo certification of the responsible character of Cetelem's new revolving credit. China: partnership with Geely Automobile Holdings Limited.
- Portugal: partnership agreement with the national postal service to develop consumer loans. BNP Paribas Personal Finance becomes a 100% shareholder of LaSer Group and reinforces its presence in Denmark, Norway, Poland and the United Kingdom. South Africa: acquisition of RCS, a specialist in retail credit cards. China: association with Suning, a leading household appliances retailer, and Bank of Nanjing to create a consumer credit company.
- Spain: Signature with Banco de Credito Cooperativo for the creation of a joint-venture dedicated to consumer credit. Mexico: strategic alliance with Kia Motors.
- Launch of Austria activity Sweden: acquisition of SevenDay Finans AB, Swedish consumer credit specialist