What is a cookie?
Cookies are small files that are placed and stored on your computer, smartphone, or other Internet device when you visit a website. Cookies are very useful, as they allow a website to recognize you, acknowledging when you have visited a particular page so as to provide you with an additional service: improved convenience in browsing, keeping your connection secure, or adapting the content of a page to your personal interests.
The information stored by cookies for a limited period may include pages you have visited, advertisements you have clicked, the type of browser you use, your IP address, and the information you have entered on a site so that you do not have to enter it again.
Subject to your preferences, the cookies we issue are used for the purposes described below.
What types of cookies are issued by our Site?
- Technical/functional cookies:
These cookies ensure the smooth functioning of the Site and help us to optimize it. These are:
- Cookies designed to secure your connection when you open a secure session to access your online account and that it remains open for some time, a cookie is used to display a message prompting you to close your session and / or you close automatically reply. This type of cookies also allows you to recognize to let you access your space / personal account if necessary.
- Cookies for:
– storing information provided by one page to another;
– storing your user preferences, display settings, and system information in order to facilitate your navigation on your next visit to our site.
The cookies issued by BNP Paribas Personal Finance remain active for a maximum of thirteen months.
- Visitor traffic and site statistics cookies:
In order to adapt our website to the needs of our visitors, we measure the number of visits, pageviews and visitor activity on our site and how often they return. These cookies are used to establish traffic analysis statistics on the basis of which the contents of our website are improved according to the popularity of particular pages among our visitors.
- Advertising cookies personalized:
- Advertisements for our website may appear in advertising spaces on third-party sites. These advertisements are hosted by partners of BNP Paribas Personal Finance. These partners control the cookies on these advertising spaces. BNP Paribas Personal Finance is not responsible for the purposes and duration of these third-party cookies, and we invite you to read the policies of these partners (if necessary, by clicking on the “I” (“information”) tab on this advertising content).
- Our Site may contain elements from third parties (app buttons for social networks) that allow you to share content from our Site with others or post comments. These include the “Share,” “Like,” “g+1,” and “Tweet” buttons from social networks like Facebook, Twitter etc. Once you have logged into the social network(s) in question, such app buttons are able to identify you, even if you do not use them when you visit our Site. Also, if you interact with these buttons while you are connected to the social network(s), for example by clicking the “Like” button or leaving a comment, the corresponding information will be forwarded to the social network and posted to your profile. We invite you to review these social networks’ privacy policies to make yourself aware of the purposes for which the navigation information they may gather through these app buttons is used, including purposes of advertising. If you do not want the social network to identify you or to connect information collected via our website with your user account, you must first log out of the social network. Using our configuration tool, you may also choose to disable cookies on those social networks that interact with the social network buttons on our Site.
How do I set my preferences?
There are several ways to set your options for cookie management at any time.
Our website provides a tool for setting cookie preferences. This is accessed by clicking on this link: “cookie preferences”. This link is also offered in the information bar that appears on our website when you first login and every thirteen months from the first connection. Our tool allows you to set cookie preferences by category. The preferences stored in the tool may be changed at any time.
Depending on the browser, you have the following options: accept or reject cookies from all sources or from a given program or display a message asking for your consent each time a cookie is placed on your computer.
To select or change your preferences, go to the Help menu or the options panel of your browser. By way of example:
- Internet Explorer™ : http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Safari™ : http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/3.0/fr/9277.html
- Chrome™ : http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=fr&hlrm=en&answer=95647
- Firefox™ : https://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/activer-desactiver-cookies?redirectlocale=fr&redirectslug=Activer+et+d%C3%A9sactiver+les+cookies
- Opera™ : http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html
For mobile devices, you may visit the following links:
- Chrome : https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=fr&ref_topic=2373959
- Safari : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677
- Windows Phone : http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/web/changing-privacy-and-other-browser-settings.aspx
- Blackberry : http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/32004/Turn_off_cookies_in_the_browser_60_1072866_11.jsp
Please note that cookies may enhance your experience on our website and allow you to access certain restricted areas (clients’ secure space, customer accounts, etc.). If you choose to block all cookies via your browser, you may only visit the public portion of the Site.
Depending on the type of browser you are using, you may also enable private browsing mode or the “Do Not Track” setting in your browser.
To better understand and control the cookies on on your computer emanating from all sources, not just those of our Site, please visit the site Youronlinechoices, produced by the Interactive Advertising Bureau of France (IAB).
- Our tool stores your preferences using a cookie. Therefore, deleting all cookies stored in your device through your browser will erase your preferences.
- Preventing a cookie from being deposited on your device does not remove the advertisements displayed on the online content that you view. Your refusal only prevents these ads from being tailored to your interests as deduced from your clickstream.
- If your device is used by several people or runs multiple Internet browsers, it is possible that your cookie preferences have not been made permanent, either because you used another browser, or because someone else has changed the settings in your browser. We exercise no control over these eventualities, nor can we guarantee the permanence of the preferences you have set.
- If you use different devices to access our website (smartphone, tablet, and/or computer), your preferences must be set on each of them.
Right of access
Under the French Act N. 78-17 of 6 January 1978 on Data Processing, Data Files and Individual Liberties, you have a right to access the data that concern you.
You can exercise your right of access by contacting BNP Paribas Personal Finance’s Communication Department and forwarding the copy or copies stored on your device.